Want to become
Learn from champion auctioneers
Peter D. Gehres
2015 International Auctioneer Champion
2016 International Auctioneer Champion
2021 International Auctioneer Champion
Auctioneer Pre-Licensing: Most states with auctioneer licensing require a minimum of 80 hours of in-classroom education.
Of that 80 hours, over one-half is dictated as mandatory education hours. The remaining hours are of the school's choosing.
The Ohio Auction School provides 85 hours of total classroom education with an emphasis on all aspects of the auctioneering profession.
Among the unique aspects of our course is a dinner for family and friends and live auction, with proceeds benefiting Faith Mission.
Classes are ten days beginning Friday, ending 10 days later on Sunday.
Classes are $1,750 (If paid at least 30 days in advance, $150 discount applies)
Preparing for your auctioneer exam?
Ohio Auctioneer Exam Preparation: This program is the only such class offered in the United States. A one-day session covers over 15 modules of auction law and practice plus exercises regarding contracts, advertising and settlement, in preparing students for the monthly Ohio Auctioneer and Firm Manager exams, or for those desiring a complete overview of Ohio auction law. Over 300 sample test questions covered. Exam preparation classes are 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. for one class day, $200.
Current scheduled classes:
Class is completed via Zoom and a link will be sent you to 24-48 hours prior. Class will be 1:00 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. where you participate from the comfort of your home or office.
- Sunday, November 6, 2022 (Ohio Auctioneer/Firm Manager Exam Tuesday, November 15)
- Saturday, December 10, 2022 (Ohio Auctioneer/Firm Manager Exam Tuesday, December 13)
- Sunday, January 8, 2023 (Ohio Auctioneer/Firm Manager Exam Tuesday, January 10)
- Saturday, February 4, 2023 (Ohio Auctioneer/Firm Manager Exam Tuesday, February 14)
- Saturday, March 11, 2023 (Ohio Auctioneer/Firm Manager Exam Tuesday, March 14)
Ohio Auctioneer Continuing Education
1. Sunday, February 5, 2023, 4949 Hendron Road, Groveport, Ohio 43125.
- UCC 2-328 (2 Hours)
- Recent 4707 Changes (30 Minutes)
- Trust Account Basics (30 Minutes)
- Lunch Provided -- 15 Minute Break
- Reducing Auction Risk (2 Hours)
- Real Estate Auctions (1 Hour)
- Firearms at Auction (2 Hours)
Those needing 8 hours of CE, classes will run 9:00 am until 5:15 pm. Those needing only 4 hours of CE, classes run 11:00 am until 3:00 pm. 8 Hours is $100. 4 Hours is $65. Lunch is included
2. Livestream (Zoom) Classes January 16-17-18-19, 2023
- January 16, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (UCC 2-328)
- January 17, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (Recent 4707 Changes, Trust Accounts, Real Estate Auctions)
- January 18, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (Reducing Auction Risk)
- January 19, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (Firearms at Auction)
Those needing 8 hours of CE can take all 4 sessions. Those needing only 4 hours of CE can take January 17, 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm, January 18, 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm, and January 19, 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm, 8 Hours is $95. 4 Hours is $60.
Indiana Auctioneer Continuing Education
Indiana Auctioneer CE: Every four years, Indiana auctioneers are required to complete 16 hours of Continuing Education. The Ohio Auction School provides these 16 hours over two days, covering topics including:
- Indiana Rules & Statutes
- Auctioneer Ethics
- Contract Law
- Auction Law UCC 2-328
- Real Estate at Auction
- Baby Boomers & More
- U.S. Auction Case Law
- Personal Property Appraisals
Classes are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. for two total class days.
Kentucky Auctioneer Core Courses:
Kentucky Auctioneer CE: The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers requires licensees to complete a 6 hour board-approved auction law core course once every 4 years to renew their license. The Ohio Auction School provides these six hours in one day which count for core or standard CE. Classes are 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for one class day.
Current scheduled classes:
- Sunday, May 29, 2022: 9:00 a.m. -- Black Oak Volunteer Fire Department, 2989 East KY 8, Vanceburg, Kentucky, 41179
Ohio Auctioneer Law/Ethics
Ohio Auction Law: Approved for up to eight (8) hours of Ohio Auction Law in cases of settlement agreements or other disciplinary actions administered by the Ohio Department of Agriculture. In those cases, our 3, 5 or 8 hours of Ohio Auctioneer Law CE may be used to satisfy some of these requirements. Additionally, for any auctioneer wishing an update on Ohio Auction Law and other auction-related topics, these courses are very appropriate. Classes are 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon (3 hours), 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (5 hours) or 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (8 hours).
Ohio Auction Ethics: Approved for up to eight (8) hours of Ohio Auction Ethics in cases of settlement agreements or other disciplinary actions administered by the Ohio Department of Agriculture. In those cases, our 3, 5 or 8 hours of Ohio Auction Ethics CE may be used to satisfy some of these requirements. Additionally, for any auctioneer wishing an update on Ethics and other auction-related topics, these courses are very appropriate. Classes are 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (3 hours), 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (5 hours) or 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (8 hours).